- Configure Oracle Software Library
- Setting up the infrastructure for Online mode
- Setup MOS(My Oracle Support) Credentials
- Deploying the Cloud Plug-ins
- Deploying the Cloud Plug-ins to the Management Server
- Deploying the Oracle Virtualization Plug-in to the Management Agent
- Oracle VM Manager 3.0 Registration Prerequisites
- Registering the Oracle VM Manager in oem 12c
- Synchronizing the OVM Manager Targets
- Oracle Software Library (Software Library) is a repository that stores software patches, virtual appliance images, reference gold images, application software and their associated directive scripts.
Verify whether you already have the Software Library configured. If not follow the below steps to configure:
From the Enterprise menu, select Provisioning and Patching, then click Software Library.
From there choose actions > administration.
If there is nothing configured yet, click Add then choose OMS Shared Filesystem location.
Upon addition of the location, a job executes to configure the Software Library. Under this location, all required entities for EMs features like Provisioning, Patching, and Cloud Management are populated.
Once the job is successful, you will see the components configured in the Software Library.
To view the Software Library, navigate to: Enterprise Manager > Patching and Provisioning > Software Library
Setting up the infrastructure for Online modeIf the enterprise manager is configured to connect to MOS , plugins or patches can be automatically downloaded. Follow the following sequence of steps ..
- Set up connection to MOS (Online Mode)Check to see if the connection to My Oracle Support is set to "Online". Navigate to
Setup > Provisioning and Patching > Offline Patching.
- The connection setting has to be "Online". If not set, set it to Online and click Apply.
- Select the adjacent tab My Oracle Support and Proxy Connection
- Configure your Proxy Connection to connect to My Oracle Support. Provide the required Proxy Server, Port and Realm details, then click Apply.
- Once the configuration is done, click Test to check if the connectivity works correctly.
Setup MOS(My Oracle Support) Credentials
Deploying the Cloud Plug-insPlug-ins must first be downloaded to the OMS using Self Update before they can be deployed. To enable monitoring of virtualization targets, you must download the plug-ins and deploy them. The following plug-ins must be deployed on the Management Server:
- Oracle Virtualization
- Oracle Cloud Application
- Oracle Chargeback and Capacity Planning
- Oracle Exalogic
Select one of the above plugins (list specified above) , then click Download. The Schedule Download dialog appears. In this example, "Oracle Virtualization" plug-in is selected.
Then it changes the status from "Available" to "Downloaded"
Repeat the same step to all the other plugins (Oracle Cloud Application, Oracle Chargeback and Capacity Planning, Oracle Exalogic)
Once an entity has been downloaded to the Software Library, it is ready to be applied to your installation. Select an update from the list whose status is Downloaded, then click Apply.
You will be redirected to the plug-in deployment page.
Deploying the Cloud Plug-ins to the Management ServerComplete the below steps to all the plugins mentioned in step 4.
Select the plugin and deploy it on OMS. Right click the plugin ->Deploy on->Management server
Plugin pre-requisites will be executed. After successful pre-requisite checks, click on deploy.
NOTE : OMS will be bounced now.
Once the OMS is up, navigate to Setup->Extensibility->Plug-in . The Plugin version on OMS is now 188.8.131.52.
Deploying the Oracle Virtualization Plug-in to the Management Agent
Click on Add to add the management agent where plugin will be deployed
Oracle VM Manager 3.0 Registration PrerequisitesThe following prerequisites must be meet before Oracle VM Manager can be registered in Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- The Oracle Virtualization plug-in must be install and enabled on the Oracle Management Service.
- The Oracle VM Manager host must have the Oracle Management Agent (OMA) and be a monitored target in Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- The Oracle VM Manager host must have the Oracle Virtualization plug-in.
- The preferred credentials for the Oracle VM Manager host must be configured in Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- The Oracle Management Service and the Oracle VM Manager host must have consistent name resolution using DNS with both forward and reverse lookups.
Registering the Oracle VM Manager in oem 12c
|Oracle VM Manager Registration Page Title||Entry Selections and Entry Syntax|
|The name entered in the "Name" text box is displayed on the Infrastructure Cloud page.|
|The EM Agent URL is selected by clicking the magnifying glass icon. A pop-up window will appear, select the Oracle VM Manager agent from the list. The EM Agent URL syntax is: "https://<AGENT-FQDN>:3872/emd/main/"|
Note: The Oracle VM Manager host can be selected as long as the host is managed target by OEM with the Oracle Virtualization plug-in.
|Enter "http://<ORACLE VM MANAGER HOST FQDN>:7001" in the|
Oracle VM Manager Core URL text box.
|Select the Automatic Synchronization check box to enable automated synchronization between OEM and the Oracle VM API Core.|
|Enter the Oracle VM Manager admin user name and the admin|
password in the Monitoring Credentials for Oracle VM Manager text fields.
|Enter the Oracle VM Manager admin user name and the admin password in the Administration Credentials for Oracle VM Manager text fields. |
Select the Use Administration Credentials check box.
|Enter the non-SSL Oracle VM Manager URL, i.e.http://<ORACLE VM MANAGER HOST FQDN>:7001/ovm/console/faces/login.jspx in the Oracle VM Manager Console URL text box.|
|Once all of the information has been entered, click the Submit button to start the registration job.|
Synchronizing the OVM Manager Targets